The best way to find out if you are a candidate for LASIK or PRK is to contact our office at 717-272-2010 for a free consultation. LASIK/PRK is a great procedure for patients who meet the following criteria:
- Are at least 18 years of age or older
- Have had stable vision for a year prior to the surgery
- Have adequate corneal thickness
- Are free of certain diseases of the cornea and retina
- Are in good general health
- Want to reduce or eliminate their dependency on glasses or contact lenses
At your free consultation visit we will perform specialized testing to determine if you are a good candidate for surgery, outline all of your options, discuss the risks and benefits of your procedure, and address how to correct your near vision if you are currently wearing bifocals or reading glasses.
We will also discuss your expectations to determine if laser vision correction will meet your visual goals. Should you not be well suited for laser vision correction, alternatives will be discussed as well.