Anti-reflective coating (also called “AR coating” or “anti-glare coating”) improves vision and helps reduce eye strain. Anti-reflective coating on your eyeglasses also makes them look more attractive.
The benefits of anti reflective lenses are due to the ability of the anti reflective coating to virtually eliminate reflections from the front and back surfaces of your eyeglass lenses. Anti reflective coating on eyeglasses allows more light to pass through your lenses. This helps to optimize visual acuity. You will have fewer distractions (especially at night), and the lenses look nearly invisible due to the anti-glare coating.
- Use recommended eyeglass cleaners on your anti-reflective lenses
- Use a soft, clean, lint-free absorbent cloth to dry anti-reflective lenses such as the micro-fiber cloth
- Wash the cloth once per week without fabric softener
- Clean anti-reflective lenses immediately if splashed with chemicals or hard water
- Never dry-wipe anti-reflective lenses except with special micro-fiber cloths
- Do not use hard soap, lotions, glass cleaners such as Windex or ultrasonic jewelry cleaners on your anti-reflective lenses
- Never expose anti-reflective lenses to extreme temperatures
- Keep cosmetic products like hair sprays and perfumes away from anti-reflective lenses
- Avoid paper products on any anti-reflective coating
Care tips for patients
- Oils and other debris are more noticeable on anti-reflective lenses; clean daily
- Store your anti-glare glasses in a sturdy case
- If a case is not available, be sure to rest your anti-glare eyeglasses face up