Laser vision correction, also known as LASIK (Laser In-situ Keratomileusis) is a procedure that is performed to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism with excellent results. LASIK eye surgery is the most popular type of vision correction because it can effectively treat a wide range of refractive disorders.
In 1998, the FDA approved excimer laser technology for the treatment of nearsightedness. Fava and Maria Eye Associates was the first center in Lebanon County, Pennsylvania equipped with the laser and expertise to provide LASIK eye surgery. LASIK eye surgery is a relatively safe procedure with a low rate of complications. You can now gain freedom from the limitations and hindrances of glasses and contact lenses after LASIK eye surgery.
Laser vision correction can allow you to
- Eliminate or greatly reduce spending on eye wear;
- See clearly from the moment you wake up and look at the alarm clock;
- Enhance your personal appearance;
- Avoid potential damage to the eyes from the long-term use of contact lenses;
- Eliminate discomfort from allergic reactions to contact lenses and solutions;
- Avoid danger in emergency situations when there is no time for you to find your glasses or contact lenses;
- Play sports without using eye wear; and,
- Become eligible for careers that require clear vision without corrective lenses.
Although most patients achieve 20/20 vision or better with laser vision correction, we cannot guarantee perfect vision.
The best way to find out if you are a candidate for LASIK eye surgery is to contact Fava and Maria Eye Associates at 717-272-2010 for a free consultation.